Part Time Education Specialist - NYC
EDUCATIONAL SPECIALIST – Elementary Focus
Customer Education and Professional Learning
Our client prides itself on employing state of the art consultants that focus on accelerating instructional improvement in the area of Mathematics and English Language Arts in conjunction with US Learning Services core offerings. Consulting with district personnel and school faculty, the Education Specialist will present effectively the services supporting all students with engaging and interactive activities to meet identified needs and also implement research-based leadership and instructional strategies.
The Education Specialist is the onsite representative of US Learning Services helping to initiate lasting change in districts and schools by delivering the professional development, Change of Practice, and Job-embedded services that support all students. The Education Specialist provides individual and group support for district personnel and school faculty to incorporate effective strategies into classroom practice.
Scope and Impact of Job
- Support customer engagements to include delivery of training on print, digital or blended programs
- Lead messaging, product delivery, customer adoption of our client's products and current educational pedagogy and deliver services as intended by our client
- Deliver winning presentations to PreK-12 audiences to include teacher, parents, district administrators, and adoption committees at the local, regional or state level
- Have a strong knowledge of education theory and market trends in assigned focus areas i.e. Mathematics and/or English language arts.
- Routinely engage the customer for planning purposes with workshop delivery and/or with guidance, lead internal and external customer team meetings
- Have extensive knowledge of industry and best practices to include district, state and national standards, as dictated by the customer engagement
- Maintain certification on our client's core products and fulfill assignments based on said certification
- Collaborate with other internal teams, which include sales and services stakeholders, to ensure customer success.
- Proactively work with management on renewal efforts for our clients.
- Submit regular time cards and expense reports in conjunction with Pearson Travel and Expense policy.
- Possess problem solving skills
- Communicate effectively the expectations Humanities and other literacy programs and how they impact classroom instruction
- Provide Humanities and literacy professional development for all content areas including exploration classes
- Provide support in area of coaching and modeling that support implementation of mathematics and/or literacy components in all content areas
- Develop and implement mathematics and/or literacy lesson plans that ensure the attainment of state learning standards and state testing expectations
- Provide support to leadership teams in progress monitoring and implementation of mathematics and/or literacy blueprints/implementation/action plans.
- Engage in overnight travel to deliver training and services at the assigned customer sites
Education and Experience
- BA/BS Degree
- Master’s Degree in English Language Arts, Mathematics, or Education
- Minimum of five years of elementary teaching experience (K-5)
- Minimum of three years of experience with facilitating adult learning in K-12 settings in literacy and/or mathematics Professional Development
- Experience facilitating online courses preferred; openness to becoming skilled in online facilitation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong professional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strength in deploying research based coaching strategies for adult learners
- Ability to deliver well-planned and organized workshops
- Skill in delivering comprehensive engagements ranging from transactional to multi-day events
- Effective training and presentation skills
- Solid knowledge of education theory and market trends in content areas i.e. literacy, mathematics
- Solid understanding of the research behind PreK-12 best practices to include instructional strategies, education innovation (both print and digital) and district, state and national standards
- Awareness and ability to understand background, history, climate and culture of customer
- Exceptional communication, training and presentation skills with internal and external customers
- Ability to analyze data and how to explain the data to the leadership team and staff
- Completing certifications within the agreed-upon timeframe
Job Status: Part Time