Part Time Curriculum Specialist - South Carolina/Tennessee-Spanish Teacher
Part Time Curriculum Specialist - South Carolina/Tennessee
**This position is remote with frequent travel within SC and TN. Candidate may live in either location.
Our client is committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, they are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. They are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - they create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Curriculum Specialist is an experienced educator and presenter who delivers expert training on educational materials. The Curriculum Specialist delivers Program Activation training on our client's print, blended, and digital programs, for post-sale activation training. These trainers will ensure successful in-service experiences for all customers as they are introduced to our client’s programs for post-sale implementation. Curriculum Specialists will be responsible to carry out Program Activation and to ensure consistent messaging for this type of introductory training and also must have the skills to be flexible and adapt agendas as necessary to meet the individual needs of the customer, in addition to some minor development of services as needed.
The Curriculum Specialists must be experts in professional development delivery and skilled in industry standard best practices. This person will also have content specific expertise in High School level Spanish programs and be an expert on particular district, state and national standards as dictated by assignment. The Curriculum Specialist has strong communication skills and will lead communication strategies with a variety of teams to prepare themselves and teams for assignments i.e. sales, CS leadership, school district leadership, colleagues, and the training team and have excellent planning and follow up skills. Program Activation is a key transition from the sale support perspective, therefore the Curriculum Specialist must also understand sales campaign strategy and market trends, and the full continuum of Services to better understand the customer and audience.
The Curriculum Specialist will be organized and a self-starter who can plan and manage their schedule and assignments independently, yet maintain constant communication with key teams involved in the customer relationship. This person must be flexible in their schedule.
Scope and Impact of Job
- Deliver expert Program Activation training, for both print, digital and blended approach to our High School level Spanish programs.
- Maintain content level expertise through available certification processes for assigned content area, and become prepared to lead training for high profile customers.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Collaborate with other departments including sales, services, and operations to escalate and address customer satisfaction issues in order to ensure customer success. Communicate field issues to these teams, and in turn support the variable workforce with updates.
- Communicate with all district and teams on a regular basis to maintain a flow of information to successfully set up and delivery training, following up on important issues and customer feedback for day-to-day assignments.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 10-20 lbs.
- Monitor and control expenses in accordance with our Travel and Entertainment policies
- Collaborate with team members and all departments including sales, services, and operations to escalate and address customer satisfaction issues in order to ensure customer success.
- Self-starter. Can at times be responsible for self-directed training and preparedness.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Experience with curriculum products in the content area of Spanish
- 5+ years of education experience with educators in a High School district and how education programs are used in school environments
- Experience in educational publishing field preferred
- BA or BS, Master’s Degree highly preferred
- World class training skills, including exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Expert knowledge of education theory and market trends in assigned content area of math and intervention
- Strong technology skills including whiteboard, Word, PDF, Excel, PowerPoint, OR Pages, Numbers, and Keynote
- Comfortable with navigating online information systems and accessing information and knowledge through the internet and social media
- Strong understanding of proven customer satisfaction success strategies
Job Status: Part Time