Part-Time Education Science Specialists
Part-Time Education Science Specialists Needed
Our Partner is reimagining the way teachers teach and students learn. We believe technology can empower classroom teachers to offer more personalized instruction and accelerate the potential of individual students to become more active, engaged learners. Come and work with us!
Our partner’s Science product was created as a brand new, research-driven, digitally enhanced curriculum for Grades K–5 that comprehensively addresses the vision described in the NRC Framework for K–5 Science Education, including the three dimensions of the Next Generation Science Standards.
Students inhabit the role of scientists and engineers throughout each unit.
Through rich, multi-modal experiences and authentic problem-solving, this product will help teachers develop the next generation of students to be critical scientists and thoughtful citizens.
If you love to teach students the power of scientific inquiry, and you get excited about the intersection of technology in the classroom, then consider applying to be an Education Science Specialist.
Our Specialists will work up to 3 days/week from August through December (possibly longer). They will deliver Professional Learning experiences and workshops that assist districts, schools, and teachers in planning for and implementing high-quality science instruction aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) as well as Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
Your job will be to teach and coach teachers who are using the Science products in their classrooms. Your goal will be to help them make the Science Implementation a success in their classrooms inspiring high engagement and significant student learning.
We are looking for people who enjoy connecting with adult learners and care about impacting education; who have the ability to travel, handle multiple projects/schools and are team players.
Responsibilities of the Science Specialist
- Travel to Chicago City schools regularly to deliver services and build strong academic relationships. Work with teachers/administrators to align the Science curriculum with Chicago City school/ district curriculum objectives
- Facilitate Professional Learning workshops for groups of up to 30 teachers
- Conduct coaching sessions (in-person and remote) for up to 6 teachers and leadership
- Demonstrate strong andragogical, pedagogical, content and technology integration knowledge in workshops and classroom settings
- Coach Chicago school leadership teams to draft and facilitate professional learning plans using relevant data such as survey, observation, performance and/or program usage reports
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs (transporting and demonstrating labs from science kits)
- Master’s Degree of Education
- Experience delivering professional development for teachers; coaching experience
- Passionate about Science and knowledge of NGSS
- 3+ years of effective classroom teaching experience in elementary classrooms
- 3+ years of effective staff development experience with elementary teachers
- 3+ years of K-5 classroom Science teaching experience
- Experience working in large, urban school districts
- Demonstrated ability to model lessons and coach teachers as they practice with the strategies that were demonstrated
- Ability to convey expertise and inspire participants to join into the work of the session
- ELL background
- Proven knowledge of current Science instruction and NGSS/CCSS
- Instructional leadership experience in large urban district
- Experience analyzing data and using it to inform practice
- Curriculum Development Experience
- Current Licensure
- Biliteracy a plus (Spanish)
If you are interested, please contact Frank Kijak at Framework by email at email@example.com.
Job Status: Part Time